Three Years Old!

Dear Landon,

Tomorrow you will turn three years old.  Tonight we celebrated by eating your dinner of choice: Corn dogs.  We ate your cake of choice: Oreo ice cream cake.  You recently discovered your love of oreos, I think when I bought some to make oreo balls, and you literally could eat a whole package of them in a couple of days!  Tomorrow we're going out to eat at Olive Garden.  I don't think you know what that place is, but when I named off places to eat, including McDonalds, that's where you said you wanted to go.  You got Chima legos, which I think are a bit old for you, but your dad insisted that you would love them....and you do.  You got a couple of shirts that I hope you'll wear--you are so particular about your clothes!!  You only like to wear dark blue jeans and your dinosauar basketball shirt, and your robot shirt.  The shirts are size 18 months, so I'm really hoping these 3T shirts will work. 

You are such a joy to me.  You still love music.  You are always singing, and you know the lyrics to so many songs.  When you and I go shopping, you'll sit in the cart and sing the whole time.   One time we were at Michaels, the craft store, and you were singing, the song about Santa, "...He'll be coming down the chimney down..."  You sang it over and over.  I couldn't get over the fact that you knew an old classic Christmas song.  You love primary songs.  One time at Grace's baptism, (my cousin Becky's daughter) you sang out nice and loud the whole time.  In the chapel, where she was baptized, and the room we went to after.  You were singing, "Baptism", "I Belong to the Church", and many other fine primary songs. 

You are so good at practicing. You are naturally good at physical things, but you get even better because you practice over and over.  Like dribbling a basketball.  You keep trying over and over to dribble until you hit your stride.  You don't get discouraged.   And you can definitely keep up with your brothers!! 

I love that you love Christmas!  For the past month, you pray about Christmas in every prayer you say.  You ask that it's Christmas tomorrow, that we'll get presents, and that Santa will come.  If I'm quick enough, I can remind you to bless the food.  :)  Even though you love Santa, if we ever said that we could hear him coming, you would get so scared!  We were at the doctor's clinic, getting my medicine, when all of the sudden you shouted out, "Santa!"  You pointed across the pharmacy over to where the doctor's office was, and there was an older man with a white beard and red coat and hat.  You were so excited.  He called you over, and lucky for us, he was prepared with candy canes. 

Landon, I love you.  I love your spirit.  The fire you have.  I love that you're so well behaved at nursery and that when you came into primary (to practice being a Sunbeam), that you knew all the answers and that you sang all the songs.  I love that you think you're teasing me with the "you're a baby princess momma!" insult.  I love that you love to look at the Where's Waldo books, that you know almost all your ABC's, and that you can count to thirty....almost.  :)  You are a good boy.  You are my boy.  And you have lots of important things to do.  I love you!

Love,

Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment